BIG97 PRIMARY – BARN FIND
- Factory ‘patina’ finish straight out of the box
- Lightly rusted, satin painted cast iron base
- Lightly media blasted castings and stainless steel parts
- Heat ‘aged’ external brass parts
- ‘Reconditioned with Stromberg Genuine Parts’ rosette decal
- BIG 250cfm airflow – 55% more than a regular 97
- New power valve circuits improve fuel conditioning
- New ‘early plenum effect’ boosts top end power
- Ported distributor vacuum adds mid-range torque
BIG97 PRIMARY – BARN FIND
Available only from Stromberg Speed Parts. A brand new genuine Stromberg 97 in barn find, patina, with 250cfm max airflow, significantly improved fuel circuits and ported vacuum for your modern aftermarket distributor. The BIG97 Primary can be used on its own, in multiples (with direct or progressive linkage) or as part of the BIG97 Tri-Power.
Everything that makes the Genuine Stromberg 97 so popular is built into the all-new BIG97. These are the just highlights of what make the BIG97 so different. Click here for the full details :
- Main castings and stainless steel parts lightly media blasted. External brass parts heat aged.
- Every Barn Find model even comes with a ‘Reconditioned with Stromberg Genuine Parts’ rosette decal to complete the look.
- Operational efficiency remains key so some parts, like the choke plate, accelerator pump rod and springs, are left untouched. It all adds to the old, but reconditioned look.
- 55% more airflow – a 1.175in venturi with improve venturi shapes. The result? 250cfm per carburetor.
- New power valve circuits provide improved fuel conditioning for more top end HP on less fuel.
- New ‘early plenum effect’ boosts top end power by allowing all cylinders to draw from both barrels. Dual-plane drivability with single-plane top end horsepower.
- Ported distributor vacuum for improved combustion efficiency in cruising mode. You’ll run smoother and cooler, with more torque and better fuel mileage.
- BIG S-jet twin-ball inlet valve accepts big diameter 5/16in hard line (regular 97s take only 1/4in line) as well as regular Stromberg fuel fittings.
- BIG97s come ready to run with the following jetting: Main jets 0.056in, Power valve #65, Accelerator pump valve #60. As with any carburetor, rejetting may be required for other applications, high altitude, local gas, ethanol content and more. A wide range of jets and power valves is available.
- Cable choke and LZ-style ‘push-throttle’ options are also available to special order.
Remember, like any carburetor, BIG97s need proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every BIG97 comes with full installation instructions and you can find more help on our Tech Center.
NOTE: These carburetors are not designed to meet any emission requirements for 1968 and later applications. They should be used only for competition/off road vehicles or vehicles not required to comply with late model exhaust emission standards. Original 97 style hand throttle parts are not included.