Stromberg 97 Carburetor | Chrome
- Triple plated show chrome finish
- Built to original Stromberg blueprints, with key improvements.
- Black lacquered cast iron base
- Factory-set brass float, made in the USA on original dies
- Reinforced airhorn eliminates leaks
- Twin-ball S-jet inlet valve
- High tech cellulose/nitrile gaskets
- 162cfm out of the box
- Chrome 97 with cable choke, Vacuum Port (VP) and/or LZ linkage available to special order.
STROMBERG 97 CHROME
They’re just the same. But better than ever. A brand new genuine Stromberg 97 in chrome. Available only from Stromberg Speed Parts.
Here are the highlights:
- Old school, hand-polished, triple-chrome plated finish. Threads and fuel passages retapped and cleaned before assembly. Chromed brass plugs, screws and S-jet, and polished stainless steel linkage and springs.
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts from previous rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast iron base with stock size – not second-best oversize – throttle shaft. Parkerized and black lacquered just like they used to be.
- A reinforced air horn with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- A specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks.
- Stainless steel linkage throughout. Who needs rust? Not us. Our springs are stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
- Chrome 97 with cable choke, VP base and/or LZ linkage available to special order.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.
Stromberg chrome 97s are hand-polished and triple-chrome plated. And as you can see, we work hard to achieve a premium, show-quality finish at an affordable price. Please remember that hand-polishing and real chrome is not a perfect science. We believe this gives each piece an authentic, hand-crafted character, and we hope you do too.
Remember, like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in our Tech Center.